Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday afternoon and a peach pie!

Yesterday, I went with my mother in law Patti, my sister in law Harmony, and her husband Jason to the downtown farmers market. We try to go at least once a year. Well here in Utah, it just happens to be peach season. Every produce vendor had fresh peaches. Of course I couldn't resist. Then I got ambitious and decided to make a peach pie. I wasn't excited enough to make the crust, Marie Calender helped with that part, but I did make the filling. I got this recipe from a recipe exchange last year and have wanted to make it ever since. It turned out pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. I told my mother in law I would post the recipe on my blog. So here it is if you want to try. (It is soo easy!)

Peach Pie
Slice 3-4 large peaches into a cooked and cooled pie shell
Mash(blend in blender) 2 peaches, 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water.
Cook and stir this mixture for 5 minutes until boiling.
Add 1/2 tsp. almond extract and 2 tablespoons butter.
Slightly cool peach mixture.
Pour over slice peaches in shell.
Chill several hours.(I put it in the freezer for an hour and it was good)
When serving, top pie with whipped cream.


After dinner at Mimaw's house, Isaac decided to turn Grumpy's favorite chair into his "house". It was pretty cute.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Megan said...

That pie looks fantastic... I was needing a yummy summer recipe for dessert tonight & I think I just found it!!

Mimaw said...

I can vouch for how delish this pie was!! The fresh whipped cream was an added bonus!! I even cleaned up Isaac's plate (a 4 year old cannot appreciate the lovliness of a fresh peach pie) this added to my Tex-ass. Thanks Mandi, are we still on for a hair cut this afternoon?

Melissa said...

Thanks Mandi.

bev said...

Wait a go Mandi. Pie making is an art. I know.... Delma has tried to teach me over the years. My pies SUCK. I don't even try anymore.

Harmony said...

MMMM...that pie was tasty...It was really so delish!

Mandy said...

I LOVED THE PIE! I made it tonight for dinner...or desert and it was a hit with my family! Thanks for the recipe!!!