A couple months ago I was struggling disciplining Isaac. Time out had lost it's effect, putting toys in time out wasn't working and he was just being down right naughty. My sister in law Megan(thanks) suggested getting a jar and letting him put in beans when he is good and taking them out when he is naughty. I first started with candy, letting him eat what was in the jar at the end of the day. It didn't motivate him much. So I opted to putting lines on a jar and when he reached a line he could pick a prize from our prize bucket, and when he filled it up we could go to the store and he could pick out a toy.(within reason) Well shortly after we started this experiment we were at Walmart(I had a return) and there was a toy clock on clearance. Of course Isaac wanted it. So I made a deal with him, when he filled up the jar he could have the clock. For the first few days he had to "visit" the clock in my closet. It was pretty cute. Today was the day he finally earned it. You would have thought it was Christmas. He could not part with it. It went in the car with us while we did errands and when it was time for his quiet time, he informed me that his new clock is quiet and would be okay for him to play with during quiet time. We emptied the jar and hopefully we can find something just as motivating to work for next.
{Evie} Salt Lake City, Utah Newborn Photographer
8 years ago






5 comments:
What a good idea!
Masaru's been struggling since being here in Moscow and I'm outta idea's.
I think I might try it.
Now to find a jar and some beans.
Great idea. When we get to pick out a prize we hit dollar tree. It is like a giant prize bucket. The kids love dollar tree, and I'm not going to lie I do too.
haha...Him and clocks! I just love it!
I'm so proud of Him, the little bean-boy. This clock-thing he has, I wonder what Alex is going to obsess about?
Post a Comment