Today was the Primary Program in our ward. It was Isaac's first time participating. Being a Sunbeam, he naturally was in the front row. He popping up and down in his chair like popcorn, bugging and pushing the girl next to him, asking when he could have treat, all while managing to sing every song. He got in line with his class to do his part, he was so excited he tried to get to the front of the line so he could be first. You could hear him in the microphone telling his teacher it was his turn. He recited his part (I am a child of God. Heavenly Father has given me a very special gift. This gift lets me choose what I want to do. It is called agency.) with little help and ended it with a Darth Vader breath into the microphone. The last song they sang brought tears to my eyes. I can't remember the name of it, but it asked what would you do if Jesus was standing next to you. I just looked up at all those innocent children, knowing that they are all so close to our Heavenly Father and Jesus, and got all chocked up. I am so thankful to be the mother of two wonderful boys that amaze me everyday.
{Evie} Salt Lake City, Utah Newborn Photographer
8 years ago





7 comments:
"If the Savior stood beside me". It's my favorite this year too! Gets me everytime. Beautiful music and lyrics!
Glad to know that I am not the only one that cries during that program. Ours is in November, and I'm not sure about a part, but Darth Vader breathing is a given if Ethan gets to talk into the microphone!
The primary program is always my favorite. Not as much fun when you are the one in charge, but still great to see the cute kids. It's so unpredictible - that's what makes it so great.
It's so true Mandi, you're so right.
Kids are awesome.
I'm gonna be a mess for sure. I already am and I have no kids in there.
He was fabulously frenetic!!! I loved it, he sang all the words to the songs, and what's a sacrament program without the darth vader breating into the mic. I loved that everyone who stood at the pulput said "I am a Child of God" at the beginning of their part.
I can't wait until next year when Hannah gets to be in the program... it will be fun to see how she does.
Is the song If the Savior Stood Beside Me? If so, I too love that song!! This post got me excited for our program, too bad I won't get to sit back & enjoy, I'll have to help manage the chaos!!
I love it! We had ours on Sunday too and I am a teacher so I sat on the stand and sang all the primary songs with my class. I laughed about the Darth Vader thing because every kid did that at our ward. Aren't they just a hoot!
Post a Comment