I love watching Dancing with the Stars for two reasons. I grew up dancing until I was eighteen and Derek and Julianne grew up across the street from me. I love watching because I have such a vested interest in them. Derek was my little brother's best friend. He was practically my third brother. He was at our house all the time and even went on family vacations with us. So when my brother called me on Mon. and asked me if I wanted to go see Derek's band, The Ballas Hough Band perform, I couldn't resist. They performed at the Murray Theatre after they finished the DWTS tour performance. It was so fun. I reconnected with a few old friends and neighbors from my old ward growing up. Most all of the pros from DWTS were there, along with Shannon Elizabeth(Derek's girlfriend), Lance Bass, and few others. While Derek was performing he made a comment about Kevin. It was so cute. He made sure we stayed after to visit and then invited us to the after party at a bar downtown. I wasn't sure I wanted to go, but I knew it would mean a lot to Kevin. I finally made it home about 2:30am, the whole time thinking that my kids would be up at 7am. I can't believe there was a day that I would go to dance clubs at least three times a week and get home at all hours of the night. I can say I am glad that is not my life anymore. I did have a great time though.
With Kevin and Derek
With Kevin and Derek
With Shannon Elizabeth and Kevin
Trav has a bit of a crush on Shannon, so I had to take this pic for him.





7 comments:
Mandy, You are the coolest person I know. I'm so jealous! I had no idea Derek and Julianne grew up across the street from you. What a treat to get to hang-out with them. I have to admit I have a girl-crush on Shannon Elizabeth too, is she pretty in person?
How FUN!! It's good to get out of the house to just do something out of the norm!
hey, you're my claim to fame!!! How fun, I bet Kevin was lovin' it
I was so glad that you went with Kevin! It was so much more fun for him that you were there, I just wish that I could have come!
Can I just tell you that I am so jealous! I tell Jordan all of the time that they should do a "Dancing with the Stay-at-Home Mom" because I would totally try to get on. That show totally makes me dance around the house. I can't believe I just admitted that.
What a blast from the past!! How cool was that to reconnect with the Hough's. Love them. I haven't seen Ginger in so long! She looks exactly the same.
It was so good seeing you last week!!! Keep in touch!
How fun! I love watching them on the show. Good to see you the other night!
Post a Comment