We had a great Thanksgiving this year. On Wed., the boys and I went over to my mother in law, Patti's to help prepare. We spent the day making yams, jello pretzel salad, chocolate mint pie, stuffing, and cranberries. Isaac loved helping and taking care of the sweets that were left in the bowls. I just have to say that I have the best mother in law in the world and she is one of the best cooks also. It is so fun to be able to do adult mother/daughter things with her that I wasn't able to do with my Mom.This past year my Dad has suffered several health problems and so Patti invited my family over for Thanksgiving dinner. All of Travis' sisters were out of state, so it really was mostly my family. We had so much fun and I'm so thankful that our families get along so well. I feel like I need to make a list of the things I am thankful for, so here it goes in no particular order.
1. Travis, he is the most amazing father and husband. I am thankful for his strength and example.
2. Isaac, he is such sweet, wonderful ball of energy that constantly keeps me on my toes. I am grateful that he made me a mother.
3. Alex, he is such a mild tempered, beautiful boy. I love his infectious smile and the loving spirit he brings to our home.
4. My health. After watching what my Dad has been through and what my Mom went through before she died, I am so thankful that I am in good health and am able to exercise and be active with my kids.
5. My Savior, for the sacrifice he made for us and the opportunity that I have to be with my family forever.
6. My testimony.
7. My Mom, for teaching me the meaning of unconditional love.
8. My Dad, for his example on how to endure trials well and overcome. He is the strongest man I know.
9. My brothers, I am so thankful for the friendship that has formed between us as we have become adults
10. My friends, new and old for the love and understanding that they offer to me.
11. My in laws, they have taken me in as their own and raised a mighty fine son if I do say so myself.
12. My sister in laws, I never had a sister and always wanted one. These women have become some of my best friends and just like sisters to me.
13. My Aunt Suzanne, who has taken on the role of mother and grandmother when my Mom could not. I don't know what I would do without her.
14. The United States of America and the freedoms it affords me.
15. My job, I love doing hair and am so glad I have a job that I can do from home.
16. My hobbies, for the creative release they give me.
17. My home, I love being so close to the beautiful mountians.
18. My church calling, it has been so fun to work in enrichment.
I could go on and on. I am such a blessed person.
Isaac peeling the sweet potatoes. Squeezing orange juice for the cranberries.
{Evie} Salt Lake City, Utah Newborn Photographer
8 years ago





8 comments:
Great pic's Mandi.
Sounds like you DO have a lot to be thankful for.
I'm glad it was fun.
You and your dad look a like. Looks like you guys had a good time
loved the post, yes, I am the best mother-in-law (hahahahaha) you are so easy to love!! It was so much fun having your family!
Hey Mandi, we had such a great time! The food was sooooooo good! We are thankful for you guys! Love you!
Mandi,
I loved your post, it really moved me. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. We need to get together, so much has changed!
It looks like you guys had such a good time....Fun fun!!! Thanks for sharing all the fun photos. I missed you all this year!
It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I am sorry that we missed it. It is amazing when you sit down and think about all of the things that you are thankful for how long the list becomes. Thanks for sharing all of your pictures!
I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving.
P.S. I got your Christmas card yesterday and LOVED it! THanks
Post a Comment