The procrastinator in me came out this week. I had meant to get some fun things together for St. Patrick's day for the last month. Well, the night before, I didn't have anything. I went out that night in search of gold chocolate coins! HA HA! There were none to be found. My Mom always had a "Pot of Gold" waiting for us on St. Patrick's morning. I did find a goofy leprechaun hat at the dollar store that the lady in front of me just happened to be returning. Isaac got a kick out of that. He was so into wearing green. He has a few shirts that have green in them, but he insisted on the one that was all green. He came home from school and went to play with a friend. While he was gone, I started feeling guilty that I hadn't made the day more fun. I got on line and googled St. Patrick's Day for kids. I found some fun things on Family Fun. I hurried and printed out some pages to color and a maze(Isaac is totally into mazes right now). They also had some "Luck Bucks". The "leprechaun" wrote Isaac a note and left him "luck bucks" that he could trade for money at the dollar store. He even dyed our milk green. Isaac was ecstatic. He did make me put chocolate in his milk before he would drink it. We went to the dollar store and got a few things and then we went through McDonald's drive through(I know a very healthy dinner). Trav had to work late, so we ate dinner on the front porch on account of the good weather. I know I post tons of pictures, but sometimes I think photos tell a story better than words.
The stuff the Leprechaun left...















6 comments:
As always, great pic's. I think what you ended up doing was great. I think I'm going to do a better job next year. Everyone has their own little traditions and since we never celebrated much of anything I'm clueless.
Lucky for blogs.
You're such a good mommy. I need to be more like you.
sigh
How fun you are!!! I LOVED The pictures, they make my day
Love the pictures!! You always get the best pictures
You take GREAT pictures!! Is it a fancy camera? Or do you do work with photoshop? I would love for my pics to turn out like yours.
We love St. Patty's around here too. Every holiday is so much more fun when kids are involved.
Cute pictures, Mandi! I always love to see what darling craft or decoration you've got for the holidays.
Post a Comment