My Aunt Zanne and Uncle Rob are HUGE animal lovers. I've always said if I was an animal I would want them as my owners. They treat their animals like human beings and part of the family. They have owned several animals over the years including: a spider monkey, 2 cockatoo birds, 2 Afghan dogs, a house cat that lived 20yrs.,and many more dogs. Their most exotic pet by far was their serval Jabari. A serval is a medium sized African wild cat. He passed away about 2 weeks ago from renal failure. They had him for 21 years, which is more than 2/3 of my life. Their life expectancy is 12yrs in the wild and 20yrs in captivity. So he lived a long life. I can't even imagine going to their house and not seeing him. I cried when she called and told me. They kept him upstairs in their large master bedroom, where he was free to roam. This cat was not only beautiful, but amazing. He could jump up to 10 feet and was even trained to poop in the toilet. He could be a bit intimidating, but after he was used to you, he was so sweet. He loved my little Isaac. He was never aggressive toward him and Isaac never showed any fear of him. It was so sweet to see them interact. I tried, without luck, to find some pictures of me with him. So I just posted a few of Jabari and Isaac. Their plans are to have him freeze dried and keep him up at their home on San Juan Island. I will sure miss that cat, he was the only cat I was truly fond of.
{Evie} Salt Lake City, Utah Newborn Photographer
8 years ago





6 comments:
Mandi, I'm so sorry to hear about Jabari. What a beautiful animal.
How sad ... we all know that our animals are really part of our family. I'm amazed at how beautiful he is and that he was trained to be so tame around humans. WOW!
When I see Isaac and that cat face to face, it takes my breath away, (in a very scary way) I'm so sorry Suzanne and Rob have lost a family member, so sad.
I have some video of Jabari and Armani playing that we took while we were visiting two years ago. I think I should try to get it on DVD to send to Suzanne. That was an incredible animal. We were sad when we heard that he had passed away. These are some incredible pictures!
Where does one obtain a pet like this? Not at the pet store or in the classifieds. Where?
Poop on the toilet! Now that's my kind of cat!
Post a Comment