Isaac has a new fascination...bugs! While we were weeding our flower beds this past month, the bugs obviously came up. Isaac took a quick liking to roly polys aka potato bugs. My cute neighbor helped him make a Roly Poly Jar. He must have had hundreds in there. He even found a caterpillar that he added to the mix. Everyday he wants to go bug hunting. Last week we went to dinner at our friends' house and he spent a great deal of time with his friends Emma and Becky looking for snails. I just love to watch his little mind work. With his own money, he chose to purchase a Bug Vacuum.
This little lady bug flew into Isaac's life just two days ago. Isaac got so much joy out of having it crawl around his arms and hands. When the little bug finally got out of his grip, Isaac's eyes welled up with tears. I had to explain to him that bugs have families too and that the little bug would be sad if he couldn't see his mom again.





6 comments:
Aftie is my bug girl - she has been finding dragon flies in our yard the past couple of days. I don't remember liking bugs that much.
I am so glad someone else understands the need for name brand cereal. I love that Isaac calls potatoe bugs roly polies. It was great seeing you guys this weekend!!
Hannah is so into potato bugs as well. I would love to get a caterpillar & feed it & let Hannah watch the transformation to butterfly
Travis used to have a "bug barn" all little boys love bugs.
Love the pic!
How cute! Bryson loves to find roly polies too.
Post a Comment