Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Angel Mother


These little babies are the reason I am a mother. I feel so blessed to be their Mom. I had a wonderful Mother's Day and I hope all you mothers out there did also. My weekend actually started on Sat. I went to get a much needed massage and when I came home my house was spotless and my yard was all cleaned up also. I was woken up on Sun. morning by baked french toast, courtesy of chef Travis. Isaac had already given me his gift he made at school.(He could not wait until Sun.) I was surprised by the sweet gifts he made in primary(my next post will contain those pictures). Trav got me a tripod(I'm all about anything camera these days) and Isaac picked out a frame. I took some tulips from my garden to my Mom's grave in the afternoon. That evening Trav's Mom and Stepdad and his sister came over for a BBQ.

My sweet Mom was truly an angel. She was the most compassionate person I know. She had wonderful intuition.(this posed huge problems for me as a teenager) She loved everyone unconditionally. She never passed judgements on others. She taught me to stand up for myself and be strong. She taught me compassion and empathy. She taught me to love my Savior and helped feed my testimony. She taught me to shave my legs and put on make up. She tried to teach me to sew.(I never did learn, but now wish that I had). She taught me determination and to go for what I want. She taught me integrity and loyalty. I could go on forever. I love and miss you Mom!


These are the other two important Mothers in my life:

Aunt Zanne
My surrogate mother. She has become a mother to me and a grandmother to my kids. I have always had a special bond with her even before my Mom died. It would actually drive my Mom crazy. I've always looked more like my aunt also. When the three of us would go out they would think she was my mom. She is one classy lady. She has taught me self confidence and style. She taught me, age is just a number. (Anyone that knows her can't believe her age) She taught me that it is okay to be silly and to laugh a lot. She taught me to stand up for what you believe in. This is one wonderful woman.

My Mother in Law Patti
She is such a great mom. She raised one of the finest men I know.(I'm not biased at all) She is so comfortable in her own skin. I love this about her. She has a great talent at making everyone around her comfortable. She has taken me into her family from the first day I met her. She has an infectious personality. She is so loyal and will do anything for you.










6 comments:

Melissa said...

Great post Mandi.

brandy said...

Happy Mother's Day. You are such a great mom to your beautiful kids.

ps. I remember your mom always being so sweet to me. You are so lucky to have so many mom's in your life.

Mimaw said...

You are too kind about me and give me too much credit, Travis was born a good soul- You're a great mom to those boys - Thanks

Tina Nguyen said...

Beautiful! I love the picture of you and your Mom. I think your baby picture looks a lot like Alex now. Happy Mother's Day!

Kevin and Jamie said...

Great post mandi! Wonderful tribute to moms. Your a great example of a great mom! I wish I would have been able to meet your mom. Kevin always says the exact same things that you posted about her. She definately was a wonderful mom, and raised some incredible kids! Hope to see you soon!

Tibett said...

I love this post! The picture of you and your boys is beautiful! As are all the other pictures. What a neat Mother's Day post. Thanks for sharing!