Sunday, May 17, 2009

Give Me Your Opinion...

Those of you that read my blog know that I have a new obsession, www.iheartfaces.com.
Next week's theme is silhouettes. I had never taken a picture of one. I got online and read how to do it, found out what time the sun was setting, packed up the boys and headed out to the Great Salt Lake. I hadn't been out to the water for probably 20 years. (See these photo challenges are making me get up off my lazy butt and take my kids to some different places.) It was a perfect night and a gorgeous sunset.(None of the orginal colors have been altered in Photoshop). It didn't even stink. My Dad and Stepmom Sharleen went with us and brought some shovels, pales and glow sticks for the boys. It really was so fun. I just started snapping away at the camera. I think I took over 200 hundred pictures. These are my favs. So now I need your help. I can enter two pictures. One in the adult category(has to have an adult in it) and one in the kids. I'm going to separate these pictures into two categories and number them. Then I want you to vote on one picture per category that you think I should enter. Thanks!
The next two are just for fun.
This one Sharleen took of my family

This is Trav doing the Karate Kid pose.


These are the ones for the kids category.

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
These are for the adult category

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8


16 comments:

Summer said...

WOW! You are very talented Amanda, impressive. I like #4 and #7 the best.

Melissa said...

Dru likes #4 on the kids and I like #5 and on the adults Dru likes #1 and #2 and I like #3.
Good luck Mandi.

Aimee said...

AWESOME Pictures Mandi. That is a hard decision. I really liked #1 for the kids catagory and #7 for the adults catagory. Good Luck!

Kevin said...

Love the photos mandi!! You did awesome!! I also like 4 and 7 in the adult category, for the kids I loved 4 and 5 good luck!!!

Jamie

London said...

GIRL! I am loving all your photos. I really like #7 for the adult category - the way the sun is coming between Trav and Alex. I also like #9 in for the kids category. I really LOVE the family ones. What a great way to do a twist on a family picture. Thanks for sharing.

Mimaw said...

Mandi, these are great, I like #10 and #8 - These are amazing!!

Tina Nguyen said...

Mandi-WOW! I like #4 but love #1 for the kids category. I like that you can see his little footprints in the sand. For the adult category I like #3 but #1 is my favorite. Good Luck!

Megan said...

My personal favorite is Trav & the Karate kid.. you can't enter that one?
I can't pick just one of each... too hard!!#4 & #5, #11 in the kids.
Adult #3, #4, #7, & #8.
Not much help, sorry.

510Jen said...

#3 of the first section and #3 and #8 in the last. These are beautiful. Inspires me to go up to our lake and shoot away.

brandy said...

Mandi, I am so blown away with these pictures! You are talented my friend! Okay, Clint and I are casting are votes. For the kid category we both loved #4. For the adult category I vote #3 and he voted #8.
I am going to check out this website. It sounds like so much fun. Keep up the beautiful work!

Tibett said...

I love these pictures, Mandi! For the kids I love #1 and for the adult I love #4. We will be around this weekend. We'd love to see you guys!

Emily said...

#10 for kids. #3 for adults, but 4 is a really close second.

So amazing! Way to go.

swensen squeeze said...

kids category - 1,4,6,8
adult - 1,3,8

Good job!! They all look way cool!

Natalie said...

Love them, Mandi. For the kids #1, #4, #5. I know you said just one, but I can't choose. Of course, it's probably too late now. I'm not really on top of checking blogs lately. It's probably over. The adult one, I would say #4 for sure. You're awesome.

Natalie said...

What did I say for the adult category? I think I read the number wrong. love #4 ... but I think #3 for the contest.

Hannah Stayner said...

kids category: #1 and #5

adult category #1 #5 and #8

you are amazing