Monday, October 27, 2008

Disneyland!

This past weekend we went with Trav's family to Disneyland. I hadn't been there since I was 12yrs old and it was the first time for the kids. We had such a fabulous time. That place is truly magical. It was so fun to see Isaac's sweet face light up. I fell in love with him all over again. We spent two days in the Disneyland park and one day in California Adventure. Isaac was quite the little dare devil. He loved all the fast rides and roller coasters. When we would finish one he would ask to go again. Wtih him being so tall for his age, there were only a couple rides he wasn't able to go on. Again he was obsessed with the clocks. He would spot them on all the rides. He also got a kick out of reading the map. It was pretty cute. Alex was his normal happy self, he just loved being outside and taking in all the sights. All the kids were such troopers and were very well behaved. The weather was wonderful and we had very few if any lines to wait in. This was definitely the perfect time to visit Disneyland. We had a character dinner at Goofy's Kitchen the first night. The kids loved seeing all the characters and loved the fun kids food they had. Isaac's favorite ride was the Tea Cups. Due to motion sickness issues I was unable to take him on this ride, but being the great dad that he is Travis took him over and over.
It has been just recently that Isaac has been enjoying watching Disney movies, so this is a whole new world for him. It was fun watching his face as he recognized each of the characters. His favorite right now has been Toy Story. He loved the Toy Story rides and was stoked to get a Woody doll. This was such a memorable trip and on our way to the airport, Isaac asked "Mom, how many days until we come back to Disneyland?".

In California Adventure, there is a store where you can buy Mr. Potato Head parts. You get this big potato head and fill it with as many parts as you can for one price. My sister in law Megan and I spent an hour or more cramming parts in.

I asked Isaac if he wanted his name on the botton of Woody's foot and he said yes, but wanted Andy written on the other foot.
Alex and Grumpy
Everything at the park was decorated for Halloween. It was so fun. In California Adventure, the had a Candy Corn Garden, with candy "corn", candy corn grape bunches , candy corn cactuses and a giant candy corn.

Isaac spent much of his time on Travis' shoulders instead of walking.
Harmony(Trav's sister) had us all convinced that she couldn't come with us, but ended up surprising us on Friday and stayed for the weekend. It was so fun to have a surprise and for her to be with us.

Alex with his cute little face painted.



The giant jack o lantern in Disneyland.

Alex's new favorite past time is chewing on my hat brims. So since I often wear hats, as soon as I am holding him and he sees it, he gets a huge grin and starts reaching for the brim. It is so cute.
Had to get some ears! (Isaac and his cousin Hannah)
Alex and Milo, these two are 6 months apart, Milo being older. My kids are such brutes!

A clock!!

Another clock!
Isaac and Handy Manny
Isaac was so excited to show Woody his Woody doll!


Mimaw's favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse. I love this pic with the grandkids and Minnie.
Mapping out the way for us.




Alex enjoying a frozen chocolate dipped banana! Yum!

The favoite Tea Cups.



Isaac if you didn't know is also obessed with elephants, therefore he loves the movie Dumbo and this ride.


10 comments:

The Morgan Clan said...

Disneyland is the greatest. It is so fun to see how excited your kids get. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Aimee said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Robyn said...

I love Disneyland! Isn't it great?! I took Annabelle last April with Brittany, her daughter and my parents, and we had a blast. Everyone is so happy and nice, it's awesome. Glad you got to go! You look so great too! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures..it looks like you guys had a blast!

Melissa said...

You know you're the second mate who's gone to Disneyland.
The more I hear about it and see pic's the more I'm warming up to it.
Maybe one day Dru and I will go with the kids.
I'm really glad you guys could do this and I'm REALLY glad the kids were so well behaved. That can make or break a trip.

Summer said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! A perfect time to head out to So. CA too. I love the picture of the family with the huge jack o lantern.

The Little's said...

I'm so jealous!! Looks like you guys had fun! I love that Isaac is wondering when you guys are going back.

Kevin said...

love your post!!! You guys really are the cutest family. you really have to love disneyland, it truly is a magical place!! Love you guys!

Kevin and Jamie

Emily said...

How fuN!

Tibett said...

Oh my gosh! What a blast! Looking at your pictures made me really excited because Chad and I are taking Trey to Disneyland in March. I'm glad you guys had such a fun weekend!