It's that time of year again...The Hargreaves Annual Halloween Party! It all started back when I was a kid. My Mom loooooved Halloween. I think it was her favorite holiday. When you walked through our front door, it looked like you had entered a spook alley. I don't remember a nook or crany on our main floor that was not decorated. One night during October we always had a night that we would carve pumkins, make "witches brew" aka rootbeer, and chili. My Mom had the cutest poem about the witches brew that she would read(I have it somewhere, but am yet to find it), and she would let us play around with the smoke from the dry ice. This is one of the fondest memories I have of my Mom and family as a child. After my Mom passed away and my Dad remarried, they decided to continue the tradition, but on a much bigger scale. My stepmom Sharleen has seven kids, so with our three that makes ten, plus all but two are married and have mulitple children...seventeen grandkids, and of course there was always a few friends. For a few years they would have the party at their house, but then it got to be too much. This year they opted to rent an old meeting hall on 7800 s. right next to the cemetary. My stepmom went to so much work and the place looked great. We all dressed up. Isaac was an elephant(his choice) and Alex was a monkey. I had no idea what Trav and I were going to be, so I googled cheap Halloween costumes and found a few different ideas. Travis decided to be Pres. Bush's War Strategy, wearing a sign that said "NO EXIT". He mostly did this to bug my little brother who is ultra republican. I was a morning grump and wore a sign that said "I am not a morning person". Anyone who knows me, knows I'm really not a morning person.Witches Brew
The fishing pond.Not so fond of his prize.
If you didn't know, my Dad has been suffering several problems with his back. He is just now being able to move around with a walker and has to lie down most of the time. So my brother brought his blow up bed so my Dad could lie down and still be part of the party.





6 comments:
It looks like you guys had a blast! The boys look so cute in their costumes too!
OH MY GOODNESS that is one huge party man.
It looks like so much fun.
I miss you guys.
I'm glad you had a great time.
Love you
Hey Mandi!!! Love your post!!! I hope you dont mind if I use all your picture? Good to see you guys! Love ya!
It looks like you guys had a great time. What a party! Your costumes are cute.
I'm going to put the "hurt" on you if you post another picture that I look that pathetic in again!! This is warning #1!!!
Sounds like a great party! That is such a good idea to keep doing the party every year!
Post a Comment