Friday, May 30, 2008

Alex is 2 months

Today I took Alex for his two month check up. He now weighs 12lbs. 14oz. and is 23.5 inches long. He is following right in his brother's footsteps and is on his way to being a big boy. He had to have his first shots which are always so sad. So needless to say he has been a bit off and a little grumpy today. One thing I found out is that he has something called torticollis. I guess it means wry neck. His head is tilting to the right. The doctor said it can be caused by lack of room in the womb. It is making his head a little flat on the right side, so I have to take him to a physical therapist to learn some stretches to help him. These pictures are actually him at six weeks, but I realized I never posted them.

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

heather said...

Griffin had torticollis too. I'm impressed your ped caught it. I figured out something was wrong with Griffin when I took him in for pictures at one month and then two months and he would only turn his head one way. The lady kept trying to get him to turn towards the camera and he would cry and turn right back to the background. Anyway I know some good stretches that we did on Griffin about 3 times a day and he has no problems and his head shape is now okay without every using a helmet. It was pretty lopsided though until he was about 9 months. Did your ped suggest any stretches to do until you meet with PT? If not--call me! :)

swensen squeeze said...

I have been looking at your blog but realized that I haven't put you back on my list. I lost everybodys blog addresses when I changed backgrounds and so I am slowly getting them back on. Yours was one I hadn't gotten back. I can't believe Alex is two months old. I am sorry about Alex having torticollis. I am not going to Scrap N' Go - I had something already scheduled but I will for sure be there in August. Are you going?

Melissa said...

He's so beautiful Mandi.
I hope the stretches work out and he does just fine.