16 oz. bow tie pasta
1 cup heavy cream
3-4 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup butter
2-3 cloves garlic(I use a spoonful crushed garlic)
1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1 12 oz. bottle Lawry's Mesquite w/lime marinade.
Marinate chicken all day. Grill or bake chicken and cut into cubes. (You can also slow cook it in the crock pot all day in the marinade, I'm just not a fan of crock pot cooked chicken) Set aside. A half hour before serving boil and drain pasta. Put in a large bowl with the chicken. In a small saucepan melt butter. Add garlic, cream, pepper, parmesan, and bacon. Whisk together over low heat until just before boiling. (Do not boil) Pour over pasta and chicken. Sprinkle with parmesan. This makes a ton so invite friends or cut in half.
Bittersweet Chocolate Brownies
There is a bakery in Seattle called Macrina and they make the best brownies I have ever tasted. They aren't chewy like regular brownies. They are light, but rich I can't explain them. If you ever have the chance, you should try them. This recipe came out of their cook book.
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
12 Tbsp. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temp.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour
6 eggs
Powdered sugar
Combine chocolate and butter in a medium stainless steel bowl. Place bowl on top of a saucepan filled with 2 inches of simmering water, making sure that the bottom of the bowl does not come in contact with the water. It's important that the water be just simmering; if it's too hot it will scorch the chocolate. Stir with a rubber spatula until chocolate and butter have melted and reached a smooth consistency. Remove the bowl from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Oil a 9 inch square baking pan.
Place sugar and flour in the bowl of you stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment for 30 seconds on low speed. Increase speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding another. Scrape down the sides of the bowl frequently.
With the mixer on low speed, drizzle in the cooled, melted chocolate. Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure you get all of the chocolate. Increase speed to medium and mix for about 1 minute, or until the batter in mousse-like in texture.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake on center rack of oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is just set. Let cool on a wire rack.
After the brownies have completely cooled, dust them with powdered sugar. Cut into 3x3 inch bars, cleaning the knife between cuts. It's best to enjoy these brownies the day they are baked, but they can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 day. The brownies will become very dense and fudge-like if kept in the refrigerator.
3 comments:
Dru and I are the same way, not with being sick every Valentines but we don't spend money on each other.
Cool pic's.
I'm glad you guys had a great day.
The roses are beautiful.
You guys had a great valentines. I love that pasta but since Jason has been on his dang diet we haven't had anything good like this to eat.
Cute haircut.I love seeing kids write he has good little handwriting for pre-k.
WOW, I'm impressed! The meal looked delicious. I'm with you, I think VDay is overrated too.
Post a Comment