Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alex's first haircut and his 9 month stats.

I have been such a slacker about posting Alex's nine month stats. He had his check up clear back on Dec. 29. He weighs 18.38lbs.(16%) and is 28in. long.(40%). He is much smaller that Isaac. This has worked out to my advantage. The boys were born in exactly opposite times of the year, so I thought that I wouldn't be able to use many of Isaac's clothes.(I do say many literally, I pulled out his 12-18 month clothes this week and had 27 shirts and 17 pair of shorts!) So since Alex has been smaller, he has fallen right into these clothes and I'm being able to get more use out of them. It's great. Alex is still such a happy soul. It takes quite a bit to get him upset. He is loving to play with toys and interacts much more with Isaac. He loves to bang things together and make noise. On Jan. 13 he started clapping and shortly thereafter started waving "hi" and "bye". We just eat it up and he is always so proud of himself. On Feb. 1, he got from his tummy to his bum for the first time. I love this, because now he doesn't get so frustrated. He is such a cruiser now, but still uses the army crawl as his means of transportation. Don't let that fool you, HE IS QUICK! His primary destination is the dog's food and water bowels. On many occasions, I have had to fish fist fulls of dog food out of Alex's mouth. Yuck! This ticks him off though. Two days ago he started pulling up to his knees. He thinks he is so big, although with this new trick he hasn't been taking very good naps. I guess it's entertaining to have a new view on life. He has six teeth and is working on one of his molars. OUCH!




I have been meaning to give Alex a haircut. Look at those bangs. I have been pushing them to the side for over a month. You would never know I am a hairdresser by looking at my family. They are always the last to get their haircuts. I need to be better about it. I finally pulled out my scissors tonight to take care of the problem.





4 comments:

Mimaw said...

He looks like the kid on "Spanky and our Gang" darling!! You forgot to mention pulling himself up the crib railing, doing a forward flip (you think) and landing with a THUMP on the bedroom floor!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tina Nguyen said...

He's so cute! Enjoy him being little while you can, before you know it he'll be a bratty school kid. :(

Melissa said...

I'm glad he's doing so well Mandi. That's always good news man, when it comes to our kids, right!!
His new haircut looks great. Yuki's pulling in some teeth right now too. I just feel so bad for them.

swensen squeeze said...

He's perfect!!