Tuesday, August 23, 2011

{Spontanious Seattle Trip}

Every August we spend a week up in Seattle with my family. We usually go the week Travis has off from school. With me being as pregnant as I am, it looked like it was not in the cards this year. At the spur of the moment, the boys and I decided to take a quick trip to visit Tutu and Papa. We had a long day of travel to get there, our plane left at 7:15 am, arriving in Seattle at 8am. Tutu picked us up and we headed out for an almost two hour drive to the ferry. After an hour ferry ride we finally made our destination...Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. I feel so lucky to be able to spend time with such amazing people in such an amazing place. So I will be posting some of the fun things we did while we were there. The weather was a tad chilly, I'm not sure it made it to 70 while we were there. I have to say, it was wonderful for pregnant me though. We headed out on a little boat ride in search of some whales. We weren't successful in the whale department, but the boys had fun on the boat none the less.










1 comments:

Mimaw said...

I want to go to Friday Harbor and have a boat ride in less that 80 degree weather. . . . .sounds lovely