Monday, October 25, 2010

Seattle Trip Part 3...Pato's Island

One day on our trip, we took a little excursion to another island. Pato's Island is so amazing. It is made largely of sandstone. There is such amazing texture that the sea has carved away.




Contemplation...


We found a little mini crab...






Water and dirt...




We had made one previous attempt at catching a glimpse of the orca whales. It was unsuccessful. While sitting on the beach at Pato's we saw the whale circling the small island. We jumped in the boat, and we got a personal whale watching tour. There were three of them traveling together. I seriously felt like I was a sea world. The were jumping over and over. It was magical.





6 comments:

Mimaw said...

Amazing, love the whales.

Melissa said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS.MANDI that is so awesome I don't know what else to say.
What a BRILLIANT time for your kids.
Wow, so lucky man.

Kate and Blake plus 3 said...

What a cool trip and a beautiful place! As always your pictures are awesome. Emma told me a secret...she's in love with Isaac. It's a secret but she told me to tell his mom!

crista said...

OMG the whales were beyond amazing!!! So glad you are an awesome photographer you got every moment!!!

and I must add your lil boy is beyond freakin adorable! well both of them are but I just wanna squeeze his cheeks! LOL

SuZanneFleming said...

Yes, it was a "WHALE OF A GOOD TIME." Thanks to my wonderful, kind, loving family that comes to spend time with us each summer. We so love you all. AND, the PIX, well, there are no words - beyond amazing. I love the one where Alex has scooted his little bum across the sand, but they were all "as if you were there."
A Very Proud, TuTu

bev paxman said...

Beautiful pics. Beautiful corner of the world.