Today was the day I sent Isaac to kindergarten. I can't believe it. I remember saying when he was a baby, "Before I know it he will be going to kindergarten". Here it is. I have such mixed feelings about the situation. I know he is ready and it will be very good for him, but on the other hand, I feel like I'm feeding him to the wolves. He is finally breaking out of my bubble. I know I need to let go, but it is so hard. He has been so excited to go. We went last week to meet his teacher and do his little assessment. He blew her away of course, but she seemed very prepared and eager to help him at his level so he won't be bored. Travis came home from lunch so he could come with us to drop Isaac off. The school is just a short walk from our house. When we got there, Isaac was a little shy, which is not typical of him. He stood by my side until his teacher came out and told them to line up. When he saw his teacher, he seemed relieved. I held back a few tears on the walk home. I was waiting for him when he came out, he ran up to me and excitedly said "Mom, kindergarten was a piece of cake!". I was so happy he liked it. I have decided to let him walk home from school with some other kids in our neighborhood. I know their mom and they are very organized and have a place to meet after school. I was there today to make sure he knew what was going on. Now I'm having a bit of anxiety about him walking home. Is he too young? Let me know what you think.

The little questionaire he filled out about himself...














10 comments:
Great pictures! I can't believe he's in school already.
Regarding walking home, will one of the Moms be walking with them daily or just the kids? Personally, I wouldn't let him walk home with just kids. I would be fine with it if one Mom was there daily though.
If you trust the kids and parents I say go for it.
Why not let him walk home with his buddies.
But your his mum. You know best.
I'm glad he had a great day.
The teacher is lucky to have him.
Oh my goodness, my little Isaac is growing up! I love that he said "Kindergarten was a piece of cake!" :-) I am gonna call you very soon because now that I have a car I can come see you whenever I want!! Plus, I need my hair cut. Tell the fam hi...I love you!
i'm sorry dear, but you are in trouble. once the boys and girls figure out the opposite sex doesn't have cooties.... you are going to be getting ooodles of phone calls from all the giggling girls...
He is so funny! I am sure that he is going to continue to blow his teacher away with how smart he is. He amazes me every time we see him!!! Your such a good mom mandi!!
you know I had a panic attack when you told me!!!
He looks ready! I would probably be ok with him walking home as long he is with friends...so he is probably fine! Its just getting across that busy street!:) cute pictures!
What a handsome big boy! I bet he loves kindergarten, so crazy he is that old...I still remember him as a baby!
Thirty or forty years ago, yes. I am being a protective TuTu, but perhaps for a while an older brother or sister might be a thought. I would love to be a butter fly and follow them home to see how well it goes. My favorite picture is the one looking up with his woman-killer gorgeous brown eyes. I have to take a deep breath when I look at these beautiful and meaningful pix - Kindergarten - it can't be true! As for your holding back the tears, it sure is a mixed bag of emotions isn't it? I Love You All, TuTu
I can't believe he's in kindergarten!!! I remember going up to the hospital with Jason when you were having him! It just seemed like yesterday!! I am so glad he had a great 1st day!!! LOVE him and LOVE the pictures!!!
Post a Comment