Friday, May 20, 2011

Mom's Day

We had a great Mother's Day around here. My husband and kids spoiled me with love. I feel so privileged to have been entrusted with my two boys and my little girl on the way. Some days I am not quite sure what I did to deserve to be their mother. Sunday morning, they were so excited for me to wake up. (yes, I have the best husband who regularly lets me sleep in...and not just when I'm prego). They ran in with their hands filled with cards and yelling "I love you Mom". They had flowers ready for me and a new ipod doc. The primary sang to all the mothers, it might be one of my favorite Sundays. Both of the boys made me sweet treasures in primary. We went to brunch with my in laws later that day so no mom's had slave over a meal or the clean up. Trav took my car on Sat. and had it detailed for me. Yes, this is what I asked for. All of you mom's out their know how dirty a car can get with two little ones. So for now I am enjoying the sweet smell of a newly detailed car and have warned my kids they need to try harder to keep the car clean. I feel truly blessed and know I can work harder every day to be a better mother. I recently came across this quote that I love:


"Children need parents who love and cherish them, who appreciate and enjoy them. Indeed, children spell love T-I-M-E."


Reading it gave me chills and helped instill again in me that I need to sit down and always make more time for my kids.

These are the polariod magnets I made for all the grandmas. I got the idea here.


With Isaac being in the Chinese immersion program, he has two teachers. Which means double the Mother's Day crafts. He was so excited he had to give them to me as soon as he got home on Friday.


This is the card he made in English: The flowers and the card he made in Chinese:

Isaac's sweet flower he made in primary:
The necklace Alex made in nursery that he insisted I wear all day long.
These are the cards the boys made for me. My sweet sister in law Megan forwarded the info to Travis. Thanks Meg. Love them.


Isaac's Cards:
Alex's cards:

4 comments:

Mimaw said...

You didn't show me all those treasures. How fun! You good little mom you!

Love ya
-P

Melissa said...

Wow that's all impressive stuff.
YOu look great.

Melissa said...

Wow that's all impressive stuff.
YOu look great.

SuZanneFleming said...

A true tribute to the best Mom I know. I cherish your family and all that you stand for. I admire and treasure the Mom that you are. Love, TuTu