Friday, May 14, 2010

Grandma Ginny's Birthday

Today is my Mom's birthday. She would have been 57. I can't believe it has been almost nine and a half years since she has been gone. I miss her every day. I'm just glad I have my beliefs and know that she is watching over us. I told Isaac this morning that it is Grandma Ginny's birthday. He immediately suggested(with no provocation from me) that we write a birthday letter, attach it to balloons and send it to her. (In our family every time we lose a balloon, we always say it is going up to Grandma Ginny) My heart melted and my eyes welled up with tears. I just love his tender little heart and wish so bad my Mom was here to experience him with me. Isaac wrote out the words to the happy birthday song and made sure to tell me he drew music notes so she knows that it is a song. He picked out the color for four balloons(one for each member of our family), we attached the note and off it went. We love you Grandma Ginny!



7 comments:

Kevin and Jamie said...

Wow! That is amazing Mandy! I have been thinking about her today too. I will always wish I knew her, But I do know I love her!

Megan said...

I love the birthday balloon thing and this one is even better. He really does have such a sweet & thoughtful spirit!

Piper said...

Oh what a sweet way to remember her. I remember when that all happened. I'm glad we're back in touch, lean on me when you need to.
love you!

Harmony said...

How sweet is that little turkey!!!So cute! Love It!

Harmony said...

***A friend of mine had posted this on mothers day (about her mom and loved it and wanted to share)** Love ya ~Harm***** If roses grow in Heaven Lord please pick a bunch
for me. Place them in my Mother's arms and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her, and when she turns to smile, place
a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for a while. Because remembering
her is easy, I do it everyday But there is an ache with in my hea...rt
that will never go away.

Tina Nguyen said...

Mandi,
This post made me cry. I will definitely be giving my Mama a huge hug today. Thanks for sharing.

Mimaw said...

just catching up on blogs. This one made me cry!!! Ginny is really missing out - sorta, I hope she's watching from someplace fabulous