Thursday, January 10, 2008

Christmas in Hawaii

We had an amazing opportunity to spend Christmas 2007 in Hawaii with Travis' Dad Ron, Stepmom Norma,Sister Megan, Brother in law Jeff, Niece Hannah and Nephew Milo. We had so much fun. We stayed at Travis' parents house in Kona, which is on the big island of Hawaii. Hawaii is paradise. We celebrated Christmas with Isaac at our house the morning we left(Dec. 20) so he would have new toys to entertain him on the plane. He did really well on such a long flight. I was a little uncomfortable being 6months pregnant. The hardest part was coming home. We were fortunate enough to miss the big snow storms at home. When we left Hawaii it was 85 degrees, when we landed in SLC it was 11 degrees. What a shock. It was a wonderful trip and we had a great time being with our family.




We went whale watching. I got a little motion sick so I stayed down below most of the time. We did see a few humpback whales.










The most fun we had was at the beach.




We went to a luau one night




We went to the black sand beach. The sea turtles come to beach here, unfortunatly there weren't any there that day.

7 comments:

swensen squeeze said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe how big Isaac is! And I like the pictures with your new camera! I am glad that we take this class together so I can see you. Have a good day

Jeffrey Taylor said...

These are some unauthorized pictures, and I demand that the ones depecting any Taylor Family member be removed, or you may face a lawsuit and injunction . . . oops, sorry, that's the attorney in me - WELCOME to the land of the internet, Web 2.0 as they call it. Hope your online experience isn't as brutal as ours, all those raging fans and "blog stalkers" trying to meet-and-greet - is there any privacy any more?

Kevin and Jamie said...

Mandi!!! I am so happy that you have a blog now too! I have been doing one for a little while, it will be fun to see your posts! I am excited!

Anonymous said...

WOW You guys have a blog site. NICE. Ok I'm going to be looking on this all the time. My favourite pic is the one of your husband and son walking away from the camera in the black sand. Your trip looks liek it was soooooooooo much fun. I'm jeleous. I can't wait to go to Hawaii one day.

Sarah Bates said...

So cute girl...I love it! How are you feeling? When is your due date?

brandy said...

Mandi! It's Brandy Dunaway (Sauric)I found you on Amy website!! I was like could that be Mandi Hargreaves and it was!! How are you? It has honestly been like 10 years since we have seen eachother. Crazy! Your family is beautiful and congrats on your new little arrival! That is so exciting!!

Cianne said...

Talk about a great Christmas! We miss you guys so much. I am so glad that you have a blog so that we can stay up to date and in touch with each other.