Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sure signs that I'm gettin older...

So signs are pointing to the fact that I'm getting older. First, when I get wedding announcements in the mail, I always comment to Travis that they "look like babies". Now if I take a second and glance at my own engagement picture...I look like a baby. I went to the grocery store today to pick up a few things to make my Grandpa's barbecue sauce, which includes a can of beer. Okay, so the cashier didn't even ID me and I took it as an insult. Wasn't there a time in my life when I hoped they wouldn't check my ID? Now the real clincher is that I saw these cute little babies at Nordstroms. What is the big deal about that? Oh yeah, I bought these IDENTICAL boots at a sporting goods store when I was a junior in high school, 15 years ago. Yes, I still have them and they are in great shape. So at least I get to put a few more miles on them.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, sucks aye.
I think you look beautiful though and I guess we have to grow older gracefully right?
LOL

bev said...

Those are seriously awesome boots. I have been agonizing over buying a pair for years. Just haven't yet. I think I might still be too young for a pair!

Anonymous said...

Mandi, hey i miss you guys and I can not believe how big Alex is...Hope everything is going well for you...take a look at my blog, lots of boring things happening!!!

Tina Nguyen said...

So funny! I do the same thing when I get a Wedding Announcement. At least your boots are cute and from Nordstrom. I just bought a pair of ugly snowboots from Target the other day, and I'm not even ashamed to wear them!!!

Mimaw said...

oldie, schmoldie (mold is in that word and you get mold when cheese gets old) ignore me i'm high on nyquil-old is a state of mind, and i have a pair of boots like these too, I wore them when I was a field engineer and had to take field notes in the snow. I like the UGGS you wear better. I missed you guys this weekend