Friday, November 6, 2009

First School Picture, Report Card, and Parent/Teacher Conference

Yesterday, I got Isaac's first report card and had his first parent/teacher conference. I can't believe I am going to parent/teacher conference as a parent! Isaac is adjusting well to kindergarten. The academic work comes very natural to him, but we are still working on his social skills. His teacher has been sending home 70-80 page chapter reading books for him each week and he has been devouring them. She assessed his reading and he is reading on a 2nd grade level. The scale they use is A-Z. A being the lowest and Z being the highest. He scored an O. So her next game plan is to work on spelling. She will send home words to teach Isaac the rules of spelling and then he will have a test at the end of each week on ten of those words. Now for the things that need improvement. His teacher said he is a bit of a teaser and knows how to push people's buttons. So our goal is to work on him being a better friend. He has such a tender heart and is a good boy. He shares with others well and is in tune with other's feelings. He has a little girlfriend at school named McKenna. She is a doll. I think she is the size Isaac was at two. He informed me that he loves her and is going to marry her. Oh puppy love.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow all interesting. Great post Mandi.
Things sound great. Good luck with everything, I hope it all goes great.
Great first picture.
He sure knows how to put on a great smile.

Tina Nguyen said...

Sounds like he is doing awesome!

Melanie said...

Mandi! I read McKenna your blog and she was so cute! She actually told me about the "marriage plans" the other day! So funny!

Today my oldest told me that McKenna was outside on the patio, pretending to be on a date with Isaac! They're only five! How does this happen!? lol

Did you happen to get any pictures of the two of them together at Halloween? Mine blurred... I have a couple of Isaac with his "fangs" though...do you have Facebook?

Hope all is well there! Let's set up a playdate soon.

Mimaw said...

we just got thru reading a Winnie The Pooh story, he corrected me when i read the word woozle! Too funny. He's giving Grumpy a hard time.

Aimee said...

What a smarty pants! That is great that he is at a 2nd grade level. His school picture turned out so good!